Thursday, August 19, 2010


A Poem

A boy of three, a girl of four,

Were playing house one day,

They played that they were man

and wife,

And they were going away.

They knocked upon the neighbor's

door, The little girl bowed low,

"This is my husband; I'm his wife

We're visiting you know."

"Come in, come in" the lady said

"And take yourself a seat,

I'll bring you both some lemonade

And something good to eat."

She gave them each a big tall glass

A cookie and a plate,

She offered them a second cup of

fresh lemonade.

"Oh no, thank you," the wee lass said

As she took the small boy's hand:

"We really have to go now,

my husband wet his pants."


Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. So adorable! I never heard this story before-so cute! Put a smile on my face for sure! My daughter read it and got a *big* chuckle! Thank you for posting it!

    Love Johanna

    ReplyDelete