Monday, December 8, 2014

Homemade Air Freshener

Does your house have a not so fresh smell?  Today I made a homemade air freshener using very simple ingredients.  Distilled water and essential oils and a spray bottle is all you need!  Glass spray bottles work better than plastic.  Over time the essential oils can eat through the plastic.  I have used plastic with no problems though.  I bought a couple 4 oz. (I think) glass spray bottles at our local natural foods store.  Fill the bottle almost all the way full with the distilled water and add essential oils of your choice.  Some of the oils that have cleansing properties are Lavender, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Clove, Cinnamon, Tea Tree.  I use a combination of Purification, Lavender, and Lemon.  Shake before each use, spray and enjoy the fresh scent throughout your house.  I use the good cleansing oils especially during cold and flu season.  The oils work to kill bacteria and viruses in the air.  They work much differently than commercial air fresheners.  They actually kill the things in the air that are causing the odor and truly cleanse the air.  Where as commercial air fresheners, with synthetic fragrances, only mask the smell for a short time.  Give it a try, you won't be sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment